Bamiyan Panorama

Bamiyan Panorama

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I will remember Maida Khal

In December of 2010, we learned about Maida Khal.  In Mazar e Sharif women's prison because she asked to divorce her husband who was at least 50 years older than her and paralyzed.  (not to mention the beatings, etc...)

I wonder how she is doing?  How can we help her?  How can she leave prison? (she can't leave without a male 'guardian')

It would be nice if we can find a way to get her out of prison. 

Dear Afghans, please make me aware of some legal and political resources you have.

I don't want to forget about Maida Khal.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you been able to find out about Mazar-e? Was she released from prison?

Pink Movie said...

Did Maida ever get out?

Riva Rogers said...

I was never able to find an update on her. I still haven't forgotten her.

Pink Movie said...

Thanks for replying Riva. So sad. I hope one day you learn that she got out. She should never have been imprisoned. My heart aches at the injustice dumped on her.